Today, Subrina Parker and I are taking this opportunity to update the community on the school renovation project(s) at Kiptopeke Elementary School. As you may recall the scope of work included:
- Replacing the piping overhead that was failing
- Doubling the amount of fresh air entering the building
- New HVAC components in all classrooms
- New HVAC controls
- Geothermal heating and Air conditioning
- Installation of ceiling tiles throughout the building
- Sealing of windows and skylights
- Upgrades to the electrical supply
As of last Friday, the Project Manager reports that they are 70% complete with the work. However, the work will extend past the start of the school year. We do anticipate opening school on time. Any work not completed before school starts will be finished after the normal school day ends.
The result will be a healthier school environment for our students and staff. In addition, this will extend the service life of the school. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your support and assistance.
Principal, Kiptopeke Elementary School