Director of Instructional Technology
Welcome to the NCPS Technology Department
24 days ago
Mobile Learning Computer initiative for the Middle School & High School will continue for the 2020-2021 School Year.
The Latest Technology Continues to be Deployed
24 days ago
- ViewSonic Interactive Boards and Related Tools and resources will be deployed in our classrooms for the 2020-2021 school year. These boards will house an in slot computer, which makes it easier to stream and deliver impactful multimedia content by providing added computing power and touch functionalities. These boards are a refresh of a Promethean Interactive Whiteboard lease that was deployed 6 years ago. This represents our Division's continued effort to ensure that our teachers and students have the most effective technology available to enhance the learning process in our classrooms.
- This year we will continue the transition to Blending Learning classrooms. Blended learning is an education strategy that features both digital and traditional teaching methods to help students learn. It’s exceptionally effective at helping long-term information retention in a diverse student body. Each student will be assigned a netbook to use in the classroom and each student will be assigned a student email account (all of our students have email accounts) with which to communicate to the teacher all assignments and receive work assignments from the teacher. They will also employ the Google Apps tools, Google Docs, Google Calendar and Gmail which is all web-based.
- This year, our 1:1 and Blended Classroom initiatives will be enhanced by continuing to encourage the Learning Management System (LMS) approach to the instructional process. Teachers will be provided with continuous professional development on implementing Google Classroom, Canvas and Edmodo into their classrooms.
- The 1:1 initiative, which provides personal devices to all students in grades 7-12 will continue for 2020-2021.
- A PK-6 Lab Curriculum aligned with ISTE and VA Technology Standards, which will promote skills acquisition and collaboration, and will continue this year.
- A population of our students will start and end the year using the Virtual VA platform. Licensed teachers will provide instruction to these students on a weekly basis.
Who Are We?
about 1 year ago