The Latest Technology Continues to be deployed
5 months ago
- 13 Promethean Boards and Related Tools and resources are being deployed in our classrooms for the 2016-17school year. These boards are a refresh of the first Promethean Interactive Whiteboard lease that was deployed 5 years ago. This represents our Division's continued effort to ensure that our teachers and students have the most effective technology available to enhance the learning process in our classrooms.
- We will continue deploying Apple iPod/iPad Touch devices to our ELL and SpED classes. Each of these are being successfully used to improve basic reading and math skills. We will also be deploying some Android based tablets this school year in our Special Education classrooms.
- This year we will continue the Paperless Classroom project. This is not a classroom that does not use paper, rather it a classroom built around the digital tools and resources of the 21st Century. Each student will be assigned a netbook to use in the classroom and each student will be assigned a student email account (all of our students have email accounts)with which to communicate to the teacher all assignments and receive work assignments from the teacher. They will also employ the Google Apps tools, Google Docs, Google Calendar and email which is all web-based.
- The 1:1 initiative, which provides personal devices to all students in grades 7-12 will continue to be a focus.
- A PK-6 Lab Curriculum aligned with ISTE and VA Technology Standards will promote skills acquisition and collaboration.
Where Are We Going?
5 months ago
- The PK-6 technology curriculum is aligned with ISTE and Virginia Department of Education technology standards. References to content area standards are also present in this curriculum. Professional development for effectively teaching this curriculum will be provided.
- The district lesson plan template will be revised to include a drop down menu, which features technology tools and resources that can be embedded into the lesson. Lesson plans will be evaluated by building and district level administrators.
- Professional Development Sessions are held on a monthly basis, as well as, every summer. These sessions will concentrate on integrating Promethean Interactive Tools and Google Apps effectively into instruction. This professional development can be face to face or through video conferencing to each school site.
- PK-12th grade students will receive in-depth instruction on Internet safety and etiquette.
- Replace Laptop Carts as needed in the 2 elementary schools
- Continue upgrade of switches and servers and other infrastructure needs.
- Upgrade 17 Promethean Boards to the “LCD Panel” Model each year
Who Are We?
5 months ago
Director of Technology
Instructional Technology Resource Teacher
Welcome to the NCPS Technology Department
26 days ago