Welcome to the Academic Services Page
4 months ago
As the alignment of our curriculum to the Virginia standards is key for academic success, this task of ongoing curriculum revision is paramount and is one of the most important responsibilities for this office. Other significant duties and tasks includes:
- Supervising the effective and efficient implementation of the educational and instructional programs for Northampton County Public Schools,
- Engaging instructional staff in the evaluation and selection of instructional materials most appropriate to meet the students' learning needs.
- Acting as the internal lead for school improvement,
- Overseeing the assessment program for the division’s students to include benchmark and SOL testing, and
- Overseeing and monitoring all division Title programs.
Teachers and staff are linked to resources and supports needed to help students maximize their academic potential. Teachers form vertical learning community teams to share best instructional practices, to discuss student performance across assessments and to address curricular alignment concerns.
Ms. Annette D. Gray
7207 Young Street
Machipongo, VA 23405